2.1 User Interface: Functions
Service start/stop button and service status indicator
Access the program options and list settings
Start the synchronization (receive incoming mail)
- Log File
Open the service log file. The service log file contains details about the list synchronization and your mailings.
Please note, that there is a difference between the session log (left of the button) and the service logfile.
Create a new list or a new message
Show the help dialog
- Mailing Lists
The section "Mailing Lists" contains an overview of all your lists. A list is a group of contacts (recipients).
- Outgoing Messages
This section contains a list of all outgoing and scheduled list messages.
- Sent Messages
Shows a list of all previously sent messages and details about the mailings.
- Incoming Messages
This section contains statistic information about incoming list messages (returned messages, subscribe and remove requests).
- External Clients
An external client is a special user, which is allowed to send a message to the list from an external mail client (e.g. MS Outlook).
- Message Drafts
The section "Message Drafts" contains all messages, which have been saved. You can create a new message, edit an existing message, delete or send a message.
2.3 Mail Service
MailList Controller runs on a MS Windows based desktop computer or MS Windows
Server. It has a user interface (management application) and a service. The
service runs in the background and can run without an user being logged in.
The service is responsible for outgoing mail (list messages) and incoming mail (e.g. subscribe/remove
requests). The user interface is only required to administrate the lists, messages
Click on the button to start/stop the mail service.
2.4 What is a List?
- A list is the group of persons (contacts) to which the mailing should be sent.
- You can use multiple lists (Professional or eXtreme version).
- You can send multiple mailings to the list, so you don't need to create a new list each time you send a newsletter or other mailing.
- Each list uses a different email account.
- Each list has its own subscribers (recipients).
- Each list can contain up to 15 custom fields for personalization.
- A person can be a contact of multiple lists.