General Data Protection Regulation
Newsletter Software - MailList Controller
E.U. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation in EU law on
data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union.
It becomes enforceable from 25 May 2018.
- European Union: Reform of EU data protection rules
Please note that the information on this page does
not constitute legal advice or legally binding information.
Furthermore, the conditions in our license agreement as well as the liability disclaimer apply.
A key difference between MailList Controller and other newsletter services is that our product "MailList Controller" is not an online service, but a software product running on your own computer. We do not offer any hosting services - we provide software only.
All program data is stored on your computer or in the data directory
you have selected.
Unlike an online service, when you use our MailList Controller software, the data is stored on your computer.
The program has no web interface. It's a software product running on your computer (similar to a normal mail program).
The program uses the mail server specified by you as well as the email
account specified by you to send and receive messages.
The mail is not sent via our server and we do not offer any such services.
Mailing Lists and Personal Data:
The program requires only the email address of the recipient for operation.
However, it is possible to store other data using custom fields, such as the name of the recipient for personalization.
- The program stores the contact (recipient) data in so-called lists.
- Lists and custom fields are created by the user.
- The list can contain up to 15 fields for personalization.
- The program stores here only the personal data (e.g. the name) which are added by the user.
- The program only requires the email address to operate.
The lists also contain:
- The status of the contact (recipient) such as "Subscriber", "Unsubscriber", etc.
- The date of the last status change.
- The number of messages sent from this list to the contact.
Online Subscribe and Remove Forms:
It is possible to use online forms on your web server, which send the data via email to an email account set in the program. The program itself does not have a web interface. When using forms on your web server, personal information such as the IP address can be collected from your web server. The program itself is not affected as it is not an online service. Only the data transmitted by email from your web server will be used.
Subscribe/Remove via Email:
If an email is sent directly from a contact to the program (to the list email account), this email usually contains the IP address of the sender in the message header (each email contains the path from the sender to the recipient in the header). This information is not processed by the program.
Subscribe Message Archive:
The program offers the possibility to save the "Subscribe Message" in the so-called "Subscribe Archive" (Options > Subscribe Archive). Here, the full source of the email (in .eml format) is stored in the data directory of the program. The .eml format contains the complete message, including the header. This function can be used as proof of registration by the contact. This feature is disabled by default.
The program generates automatic log files:
- Incoming messages include the sender and the subject of the message.
- Furthermore, in the event of an error, the email address of the contact is displayed in the log file in order to enable an error correction.
- The log file also contains the time and date.
When sending newsletters to a list, no tracking code or similar is included.
Although there is a possibility to include a tracking code (for example for Google Analytics) in the message, this must be done manually and actively by the user. Please note the legal regulations regarding the use. We can not provide any legal advice.