How to add an unsubscribe link to your newsletter
Explore our Free Newsletter Software
Arclab® MailList Controller is the complete solution for newsletter mailings and email marketing campaigns. Test drive our software or use the free version as long as you want. There is no registration required.
- Select the text you want to use as hyperlink.
- Click on the "Add Hyperlink" icon.
- Now change the type to "mailto:".
- Enter the URL. This should be mailto: followed by your list email and
the subject keyword to unsubscribe.
Lets say the email address of your list is email@example.com and the
unsubscribe keyword is the default (Remove).
A click on mailto: link will open the recipients mail client with pre-set
recipient and subject, so the member only has to send it.
The message with the subject "remove" would be automatically received by the program through the next "Sync" (List Synchronization).
- Use a link to a web form which generates the unsubscribe email
- Use "Reply with Remove in the subject" instead of the mailto
- Use a combination e.g. Click here to unsubscribe (as mailto link) ...
or reply with "Remove" in the subject