How many messages does it send per hour?
Mailing speed | Upload speed | Message size
Explore our Free Newsletter Software
Arclab® MailList Controller is the complete solution for newsletter mailings and email marketing campaigns. Test drive our software or use the free version as long as you want. There is no registration required.
Not MailList Controller defines the speed, its the
environment. It depends on the internet connection (upload speed), the connection
to your mail server, mail server performance and message size. The message size
is an important factor - large images can have a have a high impact on the speed.
Please note, that there is a difference between the download and upload bandwidth.
Most internet connection with a high download speed have a much slower upload speed.
- A DSL connection has a speed of 2048/256 kbit/s
this means the upload speed is 256 kbit/s, which equals 256 kbit/s /8 = 32 kbyts/s
If the message has a size of 32 kbyte, then you can send (theoretically) 1 message with a size of 32 kbyte per second
- Upload speed: 512 kbit/s = 64 kbyts/s
- Upload speed: 1024 kbit/s = 128 kbyte/s
- Upload speed: 2048 kbit/s = 256 kbyte/s
Having a mail server in your local network, you can send a large number of messages within a short time. In some cases it could be required to slow down or limit the mailing. MailList Controller has an option to slow down the mailing or limit the max. number of outgoing messages per hour.
- Some anti-virus programs with an option to "scan outgoing messages" have problems with a larger amount of messages.
- No software can not send more messages as your mail server or mail account allows. Some mail accounts have limits, e.g. maximum number of messages per hour. Please use the "List Settings -> Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) -> Limit" feature to adjust the program to such a limit.
Mail Server Pickup Folder for Direct Mail
This option can be used if you are running a local mail server, which has a pickup folder. In this mode, the program does not use SMTP. It creates an .eml file in the pickup folder for each message, which will be picked up by your mail server. MailList Controller creates the messages in the pickup folder very fast: up to 100.000 messages in less than 5 minutes, so it might be required to slow down or limit the number of messages per hour, if your server runs out of resources. Please note, that the program does not receive any confirmation from your mail server and your mail server is responsible for the mailing and error processing. Please refer to the user manual of your mail server for further details.