php Version Check
How to Check if php is installed on the Web Server
and how to
Detect the php Version using phpinfo()
Build Online Forms for your Web Site
Arclab® Web Form Builder the HTML form creation software for Windows PC to create email contact forms and php forms with ease. Build HTML forms on your PC and upload the forms to your own web site.
php is installed on most hosted Linux based web servers, but it's also available for Windows based web servers.
Check if php is installed on your Web Server
1. Create a text file, e.g. using notepad or any other text editor:
2. Save the file as "version.php". Make sure, that the extension is .php (not .txt)
3. Upload the file to the root of your web
4. Open the file in your web browser, e.g. http://www.yourdomain.tld/version.php
5. Delete the file on your web server after you are done. You should be the only one seeing this information!
How to detect the php Version?
Run the phpinfo() script above.
It contains much more information, like:
- php Version
- Build Date
- Installed php Modules
- php Variables