Arclab® Website Link Analyzer
Find all Pages with long, missing
or duplicate Title/Description
Basics: Page Title and META Description
The page title and META description is very important and
each page should have a title and description.
Search engines use page titles and META descriptions in order to recognize what information the website contains.
Every web page should have a title in the HTML head section.
<title>Add page title here</title>
The title tag is important for both, humans and search engines:
- The page title appears in the tab or window title of the web browser.
- The title will be used (by default) when someone adds the page to the favorites or adds a bookmark.
- Search engines like Google often use the page title as heading in the search results.
- The page title should be short and relevant to the content of the page.
- The max. length should not extend - depending on who you ask - 55 or 60 chars.
- The title should contain your main search keywords, but in a non-spammy way.
- Never use the same page title for multiple pages!
- Arclab Website Link Analyzer checks for missing, too long and duplicate page titles.
The description should be included in the HTML head section, too. The META description won't be shown in the web browser when viewing a web page, but search engines like Google often show the description in the search results (below the title). The description should be accurate and relevant to the page content. It's also recommended to include your main search keywords in the description, but again: don't spam and avoid keyword stuffing. Arclab Website Link Analyzer checks for missing, too long and duplicate META descriptions.
<meta name="description" content="Add abstract (description) of the web page here.">
Step 1: Setup max. Title and Description Length
Click on "Add Website" if you run the program the first time or go the "Settings" to setup the max. page title and meta description length (in chars).
You can freely define the max. title and description length for each website in the settings.
The defaults are recommended values for search engines like e.g. Google
- The default max. page title length is 60 chars. Some SEO exports lately recommended a max. title length of 55 chars.
- The default max. META description length is 160 chars.
Step 2: Analyze your Website to gather Title and Description
Click on "Analyze" to let the program crawl through your website.
Step 3: View the Report
Click on "Show Report" after the website was scanned.
The report shows all web pages with:
- Duplicate Page Titles
- Missing Page Titles
- Missing META Descriptions
- Duplicate META Descriptions
- Too Long Page Titles
- Too Long META Descriptions
"Long Page Titles" and "Long META Descriptions" (the number in square brackets show the setup max. length) are shown separately in the report:
Click on the "Open In-Depth Grid View" icon to show an alternate view or explore your website.