php Version Check
How to Check if php is installed on the Web Server and how to Detect the php Version using phpinfo()
The Arclab MailList Controller HTML Webform Generator creates a HTML form and the required php code to process it. php is installed on most hosted Linux based web servers, but its also available for Windows based web servers.
It's very easy to check if php is installed on your Web Server
1. Create a text file, e.g. using notepad or any other text editor:
2. Save the file as "version.php". Make sure, that the extension is .php (not .txt)
3. Upload the file to the root of your web
4. Open the file in your web browser, e.g. http://www.yourdomain.tld/version.php
5. Delete the file on your web server after you are done. You should be the only one seeing this information!
How to detect the php Version?
Run the phpinfo() script above.
It contains much more information, like:
- php Version
- Build Date
- Installed php Modules
- php Variables