How to Add an unsubscribe Link to your Newsletter
- Select the text you want to use as hyperlink.
- Click on the "Add Hyperlink" icon.
- Now change the type to "mailto:".
- Enter the URL. This should be mailto: followed by your list email and
the subject keyword to unsubscribe.
Lets say the email address of your list is firstname.lastname@example.org and the
unsubscribe keyword is the default (Remove).
A click on mailto: link will open the recipients mail client with pre-set
recipient and subject, so the member only has to send it.
The message with the subject "remove" would be automatically received by the program through the next "Synchronize".
- Use a link to a web form which generates the unsubscribe email
- Use "Reply with Remove in the subject" instead of the mailto
- Use a combination e.g. Click here to unsubscribe (as mailto link) ...
or reply with "Remove" in the subject