Updates and Fixes
05-NOV-2021 Version 6.0
- The user interface has been slightly revised.
- The performance of the database functions has been optimized.
- An alternate processing mode has been added.
Messages that have already been processed will not be processed again until you reset them.
For this purpose, the history of the processed messages is stored in the internal database.
Alternate processing mode:
Process all Messages without checking (!)
All messages in the source folder will be processed, whether or not they have already been processed.
No history of processed messages is stored in the internal database.
- The section "Messages" has been revised.
- The "Settings" section has been expanded to include "Database Tools".
Here you can delete the entire message history in the internal database.
- Updates "Edit Connection".
- An update from older versions should work without any problems.
When updating to version 6, all previous settings and connections are retained.
Please check the field assignment after the update and monitor the synchronizations as a precaution.
01-SEP-2021 Version 5.3
- Service release
- Fixes a problem which can lead to the program not starting when the ODBC driver is repaired.
02-MAR-2021 Version 5.2
- This update gives you more control over the ODBC driver (MS Access Database Engine) to be used.
- The setup checks if a valid ODBC driver for *.accdb is already present
on your system.
The installation of the "Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010" is enabled (by default) if no valid ODBC driver was found.
- In the "Settings" section, additional setting options for the "MS Access
Database Engine (32bit)" have been added.
Here you can choose whether the "Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010" should be repaired/enforced automatically or not.
21-AUG-2020 Version 5.1
- Fixes a problem in which the field relationship was lost if the database connection failed during the data type query.
- If a field is nullable
and the email does not contain
any data for the field, NULL is now entered instead of an
The change affects the following data types:
Text >> Old: Empty string New: NULL (If the field is not nullable, it is (as before): Empty string)
Date >> Old: 1900-01-01 New: NULL (If the field is not nullable, it is either: 1970-01-01 or 0000-00-00)
Time >> Old: 00:00:00 New: NULL (If the field is not nullable, it is (as before): 00:00:00)
Binary >> Old: Empty binary New: NULL (If the field is not nullable, it is (as before): Empty binary)
- We recommend to verify and test all data connections after installing the update!
- In the new version, in addition to saving an email attachment in the database, it is also possible to save an email attachment on the local computer or network. To activate the storage of an attachment you only have to select the "Insert Mode": "Attachment (x) Save to Disc and insert Path". This writes the storage path in the selected database field and at the same time activates the storage of the attachment on the drive.
- The sections "Attachment Settings" and "Attachment Processing" were added to the data connection settings.
30-JUN-2020 Version 5.0
- The new version lets you specify the "IMAP Source Folder", if you want to process a different folder than the default "Inbox".
- The program can now process up to 30 file attachments within an email.
- Adds "Reply-To" to header fields.
Adds "Header-From-Domain" to header fields.
- Multi-line fields now use \r\n instead of \n to show the line-breaks correctly in MS Access.
- The update to version 5 should be fully backwards compatible, but we recommend to verify all data connections after installing the update.
28-FEB-2020 Version 4.6.1
- The loading speed of the program and the section "Connections" been significantly improved.
10-DEC-2019 Version 4.6
- Adds "Source Section Heading" to each field "Edit Releationship". The new function helps with ambiguous, duplicate field names. Everything above the heading is ignored in the source email, allowing the second (duplicate) field name to be selected. Only enter a heading if the source email contains duplicate field names in different sections. If the heading is not found, the field will not be processed.
- The update should not affect your existing connections, but we recommend to verify all data connections after installing the update.
25-JUN-2019 Version 4.5
- Adds "Insert HTML/Text Source" to "Insert Mode".
This new feature allows you to copy the unchanged HTML source code to a database field.
If the message was sent in plain-text mode, the plain-text will be added instead of the HTML source.
- Fixes an issue with trailing white-spaces in MS Excel column (field) names.
- Adds an error message if a MS Excel column (field) name contain leading (white) spaces.
- Adds "Message-ID" and "X-Mailer" to header fields.
18-DEC-2018 Version 4.4.1
- Updates HTML/Text extraction engine
- Fixes a rare issue where a line-break in the HTML (email) source could
result in a missing space.
Please check the "Field Relationship" (sample message / preview) for all "Data Connections" after installing the update!
12-OCT-2018 Version 4.4
- With the new version 4.4 you can insert the complete email source code (EML) as well as file attachments into a database.
- Added Insert Mode: "Insert EML/MIME Source"
Copies the full message source in EML/MIME format (unicode) into the target field.
- Added Insert Mode: "Insert EML/MIME Source (ANSI)"
Same as "Insert EML/MIME Source", but the email source code is in ANSI format.
- Added Insert Mode: "Attachment No. Filename"
Inserts the attachment filename into a text field.
- Added Insert Mode: "Attachment No. Size in Bytes"
Inserts the attachment size in bytes into an integer/long or text field.
- Added Insert Mode: "Attachment No. Content-type"
Inserts the content-type of the attachment in a text field.
- Added Insert Mode: "Attachment No. Binary Data"
Inserts the binary data of the attachment into a database field.
12-OCT-2018 Version 4.3
- Added Header-CC-Line to header
Use "Reload Sample Message" if you want to store the CC line for a connection created with an earlier version.
- Added EML-Folder-Path to header
EML-Folder-Path contains the path (relative to the message archive path) of the EML file (message source)
- Added EML-Save-Path to header
EML-Save-Path contains the full path of the EML file (message source).
- Important: If "Save Messages" is disabled, EML-Folder-Path
and EML-Save-Path are empty!
Use "Reload Sample Message" if you want to store the EML file path in the output database for a connection created with an earlier version.
05-JUL-2018 Version 4.2.1
- Fixed timezone for Header-Date
- Header-Date shows the date in the local timezone
- Added UTC-Header-Date, UTC-Header-Date-Time and UTC-Header-Date-Date
- UTC-Header-Date shows the date in UTC
19-JUN-2018 Version 4.2
- Updated POP/IMAP encryption (TLS/SSL)
- Fixed "Reset Messages" dialog
- Data protection and privacy update regarding the EU GDPR
- Added "Save Processed Messages" option.
If you create a new connection with version 4.2, this option is turned off by default which means it does not save a copy of the processed messages.
See: Edit Connection > Data Connection Source > Save Processed Messages
Please check all your connections regarding this setting.
- Added "Anonymize Sender" and "Anonymize Subject" to anonymize sender
and subject in the log files and internal program database.
See: Settings > Data Protection
- You can configure the program so that no personal data is stored internally.
- Please note that existing data in the message
archive, log files and internal program database will not be changed or
These settings affect only new entries. See also: FAQ: How to restart from scatch
22-JAN-2018 Version 4.1
- Updated DEE (Data Extraction Engine)
- The new version makes it possible to insert the same data into multiple fields.
- It also allows to use the field name (of another field) as end marker without respecting the order (which was required in older versions).
05-DEC-2017 Version 4.0
- New Professional and Unlimited version.
- Arclab Inbox2DB Professional supports max. 10 "Data Connections" (data extraction projects).
- Arclab Inbox2DB Unlimited supports unlimited "Data Connections" (data extraction projects).
- Customers who purchased Inbox2DB after November 2016 will be upgraded to the unlimited version 4.0 without charge.
- Updated data extraction engine
09-JUL-2017 Version 3.1
- Updated data extraction engine
- Added fallback to email plain text if html body is not readable
- Service release
17-FEB-2017 Version 3.0
- Updated UI
- New "Copy Connection" function
- New "Import Connection" and "Export Connection" to transfer the connection settings to another computer or to backup the connection
- Added command line parameters to execute the program from the command line or windows scheduler on a Windows PC/Server
- Connection-ID added to select a single connection. See also: Run Inbox2DB from Command Line (Silent Mode)
- Added help dialogs
- New online user manual
- Added "Report" button to show todays incoming messages for the connection
15-JUL-2016 Version 2.0
- Trial period extended to 14 days
- UI Update
- Updated detection engine
- Added "Reset" to re-process old messages
- Added color codes to "Messages"
- Improved auto-detection of field names in sample message
- The program now loads the newest sample message matching the selected filter
- Added tray notification after "Sync"
- Added option to turn off tray notifications
11-JUN-2016 Version 1.5.2
- Fixes "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application." issue related to MS Office 2016 update
20-MAY-2016 Version 1.5.1
- Fixes date format YYYY-MM-DD.
- The program now accepts the date in format: DD.MM.YYYY, MM/DD/YYYY and YYYY-MM-DD
17-MAR-2016 Version 1.5
- Added an auto-repair function for "unable to load odbcji32.dll" issue
to the program and installer.
The program checks on startup if the MS Access Database engine needs to be repaired and runs the repair function if needed.
- We recommend all users to update to this version.
26-FEB-2016 Version 1.4
- Service release
- Fixes "Add current Date/Time" 1900-01-01 issue.
- Updated error processing! If an SQL error occurs, e.g. text input too large for database field, then the message will no longer be marked as processed to allow changes in the source database / connection settings and reprocessing.
30-OCT-2015 Version 1.3.1
- Adds "Body-Source-Format" to header fields
- Fixes HTML detection
The body source was detected as text in previous versions if the HTML message used an invalid encoding.
Important: Check "Source Field incl. Separator" for each "Data Connection" and update the source field if it contains any HTML tags.
04-MAY-2015 Version 1.3
- Fixes "Change Data Folder" issue
- Adds "FULL-MESSAGE-START" and "FULL-MESSAGE-END" to allow saving the
complete message text
(Use FULL-MESSAGE-START as "Source Field including Separator" and FULL-MESSAGE-END as "Source Field End Marker")
- Uses GetSQLInfo to get the correct SQL_IDENTIFIER_QUOTE_CHAR
- Service release
23-JAN-2015 Version 1.2.1
- Fixes an issue where a timer >= 60 minutes disables the timer.
15-DEC-2014 Version 1.2
- 1st service release
14-NOV-2014 Version 1.1
- Initial public release
01-OCT-2014 Version 1.0
- Initial release